In this tutorial, you will learn how you can install whmcs on your site. I’ll try my best to keep posting tutorials for whmcs. This tutorial will be useful for you if you have a server to sell hosting services.
WHMCS is the leading web hosting management and billing software that automates all aspects of your business from billing, provisioning, domain reselling, support, and more. WHMCS easily integrates with all the leading control panels, payment processors, domain registrars, and cloud service providers. It is a CMS for web hosting resellers. It is also a complete e-commerce tool you can use to sell products.
Why You Should Use WHMCS?
If you are web hosting resellers or you have your servers and want to sell hosting services then you should use WHMCS for full automation. It comes with a fully functional admin area, client area, and support system.
How to Install WHMCS?
To install whmcs on your site, you need to follow the below steps.
NOTE: You should have hosting and domain name.
1 Purchase License of WHMCS
The first step in the process of installation of whmcs is to purchase a license of whmcs as you won’t be able to install whmcs without a license. So, to purchase a license follow the below steps:
- Go to whmcs.com/pricing.
- Choose any plan that is suitable for you.
- Click on the “Checkout” button.
- Fill all the fields to register an account with WHMCS and purchase a license.
- Pay and Congrats! on purchasing WHMCS License.
2 Auto-Installation of WHMCS
After purchasing a license you can continue with the process of installation of whmcs.
- Open the control panel of your site.
- Search and Open softaculous from the control panel of your site.
- Search for WHMCS in softaculous and click on it to open it.
- Click on the “Install” button.
- After that, you will find many fields like choosing a protocol, site, directory (e.g. domain.tld/dir) etc.
- In that window, you will be able to set your site title and admin user credentials.
- After filling all the required information including license click on the “Install” button.
- After that, your installation will be successful.
If you receive any error then you can comment here and we will help you solve that problem.
3 Creation of Database for Manual Installation of WHMCS
To create a database, you need to follow the below steps.
- Go to the control panel of your site.
- Search MySQL Database Wizard (Database can be different for different hosting providers)
- First, you will need to enter your database name. e.g. yourcpanelusername_name-of-DB-entered-by-you. Click on the “Next Step” button once you entered the database name.
- After that, you will be asked for the creation of database users. There you will have to enter the database username and password. After entering click on the “Create User” button.
- After that, you will be asked to assign permissions to the user for the database you made. Click on “All Privileges” and then click on the “Next Step” button.
- Congratulations! Your database will be created.
4 Manual Installation of WHMCS
In some hosts, softaculous might not be available so the best way is to install WHMCS manually. To install WHMCS manually follow the below steps:
- Go to the WHMCS client area and open your license.
- Click on the “Download Now” button. Downloading will start.
- Now, go to your site control panel.
- Open File Manager.
- Go to public_html or to the directory where you want to install whmcs.
- Upload the downloaded .zip file.
- Extract it there.
- Move all the files outside of the folder named whmcs.
- After that delete unnecessary files (you can see in the video tutorial).
- Rename “configuration.php.new” file to “configuration.php”.
- Now open your site and continue with the installation process.
- Click on the “Click here to begin” text.
- After that click on the “I Agree” button.
- After that click on the “Being Installation” button.
- Now you will be prompted to enter license key and database information.
- Enter the license key you purchased.
- Enter database information of the database you made in the previous step.
- After filling the information click on the “Continue” button.
- In the next window, you will be prompted to enter administrative user details. After entering click on the “Complete Setup” button.
- After that, a window with the message “Installation Completed Successfully!” will be prompted.
- Now go to file manager > public_html or directory where you extracted whmcs and delete the “Install” folder.
- After that, go to the control panel and search for corn jobs then open it.
- Select “Once Per Five Minutes” option from Common Settings.
- Go to a successful installation window and copy an embedded line from “Setup the Daily Cron Job” option.
- Now, go back to the window where you opened corn jobs and paste that line in “Command”.
That line will look something like “/opt/cpanel/ea-php….–rest of the line–/cron.php”.
After that, you can free goto the admin area or visit your site as a basic configuration and installation will be done.
Thanks for watching our video tutorial and reading our guide. We had tried to make everything simple and easy to understand but if you still have questions or problems you can comment and I will try my best to help you.